Naughty Dog have revealed lots of new information about the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer in preparation for the beta event. Those who purchased the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have access to it December 4, and it will end December 13.
In a livestream on Twitch Naughty Dog’s Lead Game Designer Robert Cogburn, Game Designer Vinit Agarwal, Game Designer Erin Dailey and Director of Communications Arne Meyer revealed lots of new information about the multiplayer side of the game.
Here is a summary based on notes collected by DualShockers:
- There has been a lot of “fanservice” in the multiplayer, this includes the birth of the mystical in the game.
- Sidekicks came as a result of the PlayStation 4 being a lot more powerful than the PlayStation 3, leading to a more advanced AI system.
- Unlike the footage shown at Paris Games Week the mystical powers are more like a grenade-like ability rather than having homing abilities.
- Wrath of Eldorado is not a one hit kill
- Staff of Ayar Manco is a new mystical. It provides radar like functionality to reveal enemies on the map.
- Indra’s Eternity is a blade that is thrown into the area of play and will slow players down who are close to it.
- Sidekicks can earn you money on your behalf.
- Challenges will pop up every time you log into the game, giving you the chance to gain “Relics”
- Relics are used to purchase items.
- Customisations will include outfits, taunts, and hats. Some taunts will have props.
- Beta points will be available exclusively in the beta test to unlock weapons and sidekicks.
- Gear includes grenades, revive packs, mines and C4.
- Treasures can be picked up during play, including a chance to collect relics.
- Loadouts are based on Loadout Points. Each player has 25 points and each item costs a certain amount of points.
- There will be Booster abilities that can be upgraded.
- The beta will be updated continually.
- Price for items will raise the more you use them.
- Uncharted 4 will have 8 multiplayer maps. The Beta will include 2.
- The beta will be rolled out in different regions throughout the day.
- Time limit for matches are 12 minutes, kill objective is 35. Games will be expected to run around 8-10 minutes.
- Beta file size will be around 7GB, and is expected to include more content than normal beta tests.
- Data will not carry over from the beta to the main game.
- Player spawns will not be random, they are based on a wide variety of elements.
- You can equip three sidekicks at one time, but only spawn one with you.
Here are some menus and screens that you’ll see in the multiplayer beta:
Will you be trying out the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta? Let us know your thoughts below.