Assassin’s Creed Syndicate has released on PC and it looks like the game needs some optimization. Noticeable framerate drops are seen in a video posted by YouTuber, who’s using a GTX 970, a powerful Nvidia GPU.
He is running the game on Ultra with framerate average of 30-42 in small areas with no-combat. In combat, the framerate drops to 27-28 and when there is a lot going on in the background, framerate goes down to 20-25.
While this is a red flag, we don’t know if the player is using the latest Nvidia driver, or has he installed the newly released update for Syndicate that brings the following:
- Improved Multi-GPU functionality
- Improved PCSS and HBAO+ render quality
- Added VRAM Meter in Video Options
- Added HBAO+ Ultra parameter in Graphic Options
- Fixed various window mode issues
- Fixed Alt+Tab issue in Fullscreen mode
- Fixed issues on switching displays in Fullscreen
- Fixed various render issues
- Fixed various UI issues
- Fixed various online issues
Have you played the PC version? What are your thoughts about it?