Star Wars Battlefront release is almost here, and DICE are still hard at work making sure the game is ready for us to start playing. This includes patching the game to make sure everything runs smoothly.
With Patch 1.02 various adjustments have been made:
- Tweaked hero card spawn times
- General bug fixes for the partner system
- Various fixes for getting stuck when exiting Starfighters and ground vehicles
- General crash and stability fixes
- Online traffic performance improvements
- Various text fixes for all languages
- General bug fixes for both Missions and Multiplayer
- Matchmaking fix
While we could be critical of the fact that the game has already been patched two times before its release, this is not really a bad thing. It means that DICE are taking notes of issues that have been found from people who have early access to the game and are working on the issues that have been found.
As you can see from the list, these changes are not only general software updates to deal with crashes and stability but there are also balancing updates to improve the gameplay. It will be interesting to see if people who have had access through EA Access notice any difference when they start to play the game again.
Once the game is out it will be also interesting to see how well the online play holds up, especially as it is mentioned in the patch. This will be the area where the game has to be working at its best, so hopefully things go smoothly.
Are you looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront? Let us know your thoughts on the game below.