It is not every month that Microsoft manages to beat rival Sony in the console wars. However, October has been kind on them as according to the October NPD sales results, Xbox One outsold PlayStation 4!
According to Microsoft, the company saw a gigantic 81 percent growth in hardware sales as compared to previous months which was largely fueled by console selling title Halo 5 Guardians.
Halo 5 Guardians was also the top selling videogame for the month after beating NBA 2K16 which appeared to have been glued to the top spot among all the recent sales figures that have been revealed.
Lets take a look at the top 10 most selling games of the month as shared by the October NPD sales results:
- Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
- NBA 2K16 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
- Madden NFL 16 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- WWE 2K16 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- FIFA 16 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Destiny: The Taken King (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Yoshi’s Wooly World (Nintendo Wii U)
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PlayStation 4)
- Rock Band 4 (Xbox One, PlayStation 4)
In general, about three percent increase in hardware sales was experienced which is also suggestive that the upward trend in the Xbox One sales shown by the NPD sales results actually cut into the average PS4s that were being sold in prior months.
Anyhow, keep checking back for more on the gaming industry with us.