While excitement today seems to be all about Fallout 4, it’s easy to forget other games are being played too. FIFA 16, another popular game has been updated by EA Sports and they’ve revealed what the patch will include.
Posted on the FIFA Forums the patch is available now for PC and PlayStation 4. Xbox One will get the update at a later date:
This update includes new content:
- Star heads for some players, many of which are from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
- New third kits have been added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
This update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items identified by the community and the FIFA Live Service team:
- Improvements to online matchmaking.
- One instance of a team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
- An exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
- Correct country flags appearing in FIFA Pro Clubs.
- One instance of Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
- An issue on PS4 that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
In addition to the above, the update addresses the following in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Updated the default value assigned to the Buy Now option to the max value when listing an item for sale on the Transfer Market.
- Improvements to Compare Price when used on consumable items.
- Issue where your Goalkeeper was the default selection for all Player Roles.
- An issue in settings where the image of the ball didn’t match the selected ball.
- An issue that caused a shared Concept Squad to be displayed as a playable squad in the EA Sports Football Club news feed.
- An issue with the use of historical kits by your opponent in Play a Friend’s Squad.
While most are updates to fix some issues it’s interesting to see that the “star heads” are also being given a refresh to reflect the changing Premier League teams, as well as shirt updates.
Have you received the update yet? Did you notice any improvements to the game? Let us know your thoughts below.