With the second quarter of the fiscal year 2016 ending now, a number of our favorite companies are reporting their financials. The one we are talking about right now is Take Two Interactive, the guys we need to thank for giving us NBA 2K16.
According to the newly shared financial reports, they have experienced better than expected non-GAAP revenues. They made $364.9 million in sales with is 164 higher than the before. $54.7 million net income was reported alongside that.
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Take-Two Interactive, Strauss Zelnick, attributed the leap in revenue to the highly successful launch of NBA 2K16 and the ever increasing demand for Grand Theft Auto 5.
Here’s an excerpt from the statement that he gave in the financial report:
Take-Two once again delivered better-than-expected Non-GAAP revenue and earnings growth. Our second quarter results were anchored by the series record-breaking launch of NBA 2K16, along with ongoing demand for Grand Theft Auto V and strong growth in recurrent consumer spending.
As far as the future is concerned, Take Two Interactive is promising $400 to $450 million revenue for the next quarter and $1.325 to $1.425 billion revenue for the entire fiscal year 2016.
Here is a rundown on everything that is coming our way from Take Two Interactive in the third quarter of the fiscal year:
- Borderlands Triple Pack – November 17, 2015
- Civilization Revolution 2 Plus – December 3, 2015
- WWE 16: Accelerator (DLC) – TBA
- WWE 16: MyPlayer Kickstart (DLC) – TBA
- WWE 16: Legends Pack (DLC) – TBA
- WWE 16: 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase (DLC) – TBA
- WWE 16: New Moves Pack (DLC) – TBA
- WWE 16: Future Stars Pack (DLC) – TBA
- XCOM 2 – February 5, 2016
- Battleborn – May 3, 2016
- Mafia III – Fiscal Year 2017