Blizzard on StarCraft, Warcraft 3, and Diablo 2: “We’re Restoring Them to glory”
StarCraft, Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 are some of the games Blizzard created and they are loved by millions of fans. However, with changing operating systems, online services and hardware, many issues have come up and players are finding it difficult to experience these games.
So Blizzard is now “restoring them to glory.” The company is looking for “engineering talents,” and passionate developers who’ll bring these games back in the limelight.
If you think you’re up to the task, Blizzard is hiring.
So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
- Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
- Expert knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ development experience
- Experience debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for games
- Excite us
- Experience debugging Win32 or OS X game software
- Experience using Visual Studio or Xcode
- Experience with x86 assembly
I think this is a great move by Blizzard and fans are going to appreciate this, don’t you think?