Sometimes with the release of new patches, there can be an impact on performance of the game. This appears to be the case for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt after Patch 1.0 on Xbox One.
If you’ve been a victim of this problem, then fear not for CD Projekt Red have listened and are investigating. Posting on the game forum they are asking fans to answer a series of questions about what they are experiencing:
It would helps us greatly if you sent us reports about the performance issues you experience via our support form. Please start your messages with tags [performance], provide videos or screenshots if possible (they help a lot) and provide the following information:
- What are the symptoms? FPS drops? Stutter? Blurs? Textures not loading/not appearing?
- What is the exact context? (e.g. using a sign, a bomb, a potion – which one? night? fire-based effects nearby? rain or other weather effects? a particular cutscene? a boss fight?)
- Where exactly the issue occurs (e.g. Novigrad, swamps, Oxenfurt? Which quest? Near which landmark?)
- Is performance poor a) from the moment you load a save or b) gets worse with time played? If b) then how long does it take for issues to start?
- Drops occur when on a quest in a given location or when just wandering around?
- Do you use Xbox One’s ‘Instant on’ feature? If yes, does turning it off and restarting the game help?
If you are experiencing any of the problems with the Xbox One version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt be sure to follow the instructions above and let CD Projekt Red know your issues. The best way to get the game performing as you want it to is to inform them about exactly what you are experiencing.
Did you notice any issues with the release of Patch 1.10? Let us know your thoughts below (as well as letting CD Projekt know, of course).