PayDay 2 Update Released, Microtransaction Content Unlocked for Free
While PayDay 2 got microtranscations about a week ago, the fans were not happy that Overkill Software had put things behind yet another item that had to be purchased with real money i.e. Drills.
It looks like that dissatisfaction reached the developers and now they have released another small update which includes a change to how the microtransactions system works. Now, Drills have been added to random Card Loot Drops which means you will be able to pick them up for free.
This was just one part of the PayDay 2 update, for the rest of the changes and fixes, read up the entire changelog below:
- Fixed an issue where the reload sound for the Ksp 58 were missing
- Fixed an issue where attachments equipped on the RPK were floating on the side of the barrel
- Fixed an issue with Edit Keys options text for the keybind for Gadget
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Sights for the CAR-4 were visible through objects when having certain modifications equipped
- Fixed an issue where some Gadget modifications clipped through the Bipod modification when both were equipped on the Brenner
- Fixed a crash that could occur if you try and deploy the bipod while performing other actions
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t be downed by a cloaker when having the bipod deployed
- Added the First World Bank heist. Players can find it under the contact “Classics” from the Contract Broker in Crime.Net
- Added Drills to the Card Loot Drop reward table. Players can now be rewarded with Drills that can open Safes after successfully completing a heist
- Added the song “Gun Metal Grey 2015” by Simon Viklund
Do you think adding Drills to the random loot drops is going to fix the complaints that PayDay 2 fans were making?