Microsoft’s 2016 Event Lineup Revealed
Microsoft have revealed their event line up for next year. While these events may not be focused on the games being released, they will be looking at the technologies to come, including ones used in game development.
In 2016, Microsoft announced they will have the following line up of events:
- Convergence – for Business Leaders seeking to explore emerging trends, discover new solutions and realize the opportunity to achieve more.
- //Build – for Developers looking for the latest vision and direction from Microsoft.
- Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) – for Partners focusing on how they can drive business growth with us and our partner channel to deliver solutions to our mutual customers.
- Microsoft Ignite – for IT Professionals looking for what’s next in technology and skill building across Microsoft’s technologies.
As you’ll no doubt figure out yourself, Convergence really isn’t something that will show off new technology, but the more technologically focused events will hopefully reveal what Microsoft are looking at for the future. This may include technologies such as DirectX 12 which we are still waiting to see interesting things from.
In the announcement, Microsoft also revealed where and when the events will take place:
- Build: Spring 2016 in San Francisco
- Convergence: April 4-7, 2016 in New Orleans
- WPC: July 10-14, 2016 in Toronto
- Microsoft Ignite: September 26-30, 2016 in Atlanta
With Microsoft having plenty of things in the pipeline it will be interesting to see what they reveal for 2016. Will we see more about Hololens? Maybe some updates on Windows 10 and gaming functionality? Will DirectX 12 finally show something impressive? Or maybe we’ll see something we didn’t expect?
Do you think we’ll see anything interesting in terms of technology and development in 2016? Let us know your thoughts below.