PlayStation 4 has finally received a price drop from Sony. It was just a matter time before this news came, as many retailers started to list the console for $50 less then its original price of $400.
According to Sony, PlayStation 4 will now be available for $350:
If you haven’t made the jump yet, and you’re starting early on your holiday wish list, I have good news – we’re dropping the price of the PlayStation 4 system in the U.S. and Canada. Starting tomorrow, October 9, you’ll be able to pick up PS4 starting at the new price of $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP). Our goal at PlayStation has always been to provide the best gameplay experiences at the best value, and we feel this new compelling price will open the doors to even more gamers that have yet to purchase a system.
Price drop is only for U.S and Canada, as mentioned in the post. Along with this announcement, Sony shared new prices for upcoming bundles for PlayStation 4:
UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle – $349.99 USD /$429.99 CAD
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops III 1TB PS4 Bundle – $429.99 USD / $499.99 CAD
- Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD
- Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD
- Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD
- NHL 16 PS4 Bundle(Available now, Canada only) – $429.99 CAD
Sony is doing well in the market around the world and is able to sell loads of PS4 units across the globe. This price drop will only further boost PS4 sales this holiday season.