Microsoft has released a new update for Xbox One today letting users try out the ‘New Xbox Experience’ or NXE.
The update is currently only available to a few Xbox Preview Members and will roll out to other users in waves.
The said update – th2yxboxyrely1510.151003-2016 – has a long list of changes and fixes which can found below, courtesy of Pizzatarian:
WiFi with External HD
Some users had reported WiFi would stop working with an external hard drive connected. This issue has been resolved.
System Update Failing
Users reported slow or failing system updates will notice this issue is not present with this update.
Previously, international accounts may have had issues signing in. This has been resolved.
A new version is available for New Xbox One Experience Preview members. This will update separately from the system update, and will be available after 6PM PT.
Performance and UI Improvements
Various performance and UI tweaks have been made in the update to fit and finish.
Please carefully review the known issues below for details on all currently known issues. Remember to report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!
Featured Feedback Opportunities
We have seen great response to our new quests so far! If you are just joining the New Xbox One Experience Preview, or you haven’t taken them yet, be sure to give them a spin. Be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for more details on these quests:
- Can You See It?: This quest will ask you to try out the new guide and let us know if it appears properly on your TV.
- OneGuide on NXOE: All about the new OneGuide area on the New Xbox One Experience Dashboard. Tell us what you think!
Quest available in the following locales: US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Mexico, Brazil
General System Issues
Black Screen upon Boot
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
Your console may start up with just a black screen.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
You may be unable to sign in to Xbox Live.
When YouTube is snapped, it may share input with the home screen.
- Global speech overlay is missing suggestions
- Global speech overlay is missing contextual commands
- Voice commands will not currently work for Guide tabs (Party, Messages, Friends, Notifications, etc)
Workaround: Run through the initial TV set-up and configure for a TV provider even if you don’t have a TV provider.
You may experience a black screen when using a device via HDMI-in, even if this device is not a cable or set-top box.
My Games & Apps
My games & apps collection may crash if switching quickly between Apps and Queue or Games and Queue.
Content purchased from Xbox.com will not automatically download to the Xbox One console. This feature is planned to come later.
Friends may not receive game toast notifications.
Workaround: Uninstall your other season passes and re-install the season pass you wish to use.
In a small number of cases, users with season passes may find that they aren’t recognized by the game.
Currently this area is not fully populated with content and is missing large sections of the user experience. Activity feed content also may not be actionable and items on the trending items second level screen have not been fully tuned. As Preview moves forward content and features in this area will light up.
Xbox One Media Remote
When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this. The buttons for media playback will not work (rewind, play, pause, fast forward, skip back, stop, skip forward). The directional and center “select” button will function as normal.
USB TV Tuner
If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.
Racing wheels cannot be used to navigate home or system dialogs.
Game and App Issues
Workaround: Hard reset the console
- Titanfall may fail to connect to Xbox Live
- Skype currently will not function if used in the background
- When playing videos in the NFL Live App, the screen may dim after a short period of time
Certain Apps may Fail to Launch
- Showtime Anytime
- Every Street United
- TWC TV
- Upload Studio
Apps with Video Issues
The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play:
- USA Now
- Bravo Now
Games not Launching
Certain games may fail to launch:
- Xbox Fitness
- Pinball FX2
- The Crew
Live TV Issues
Cable/Satellite set top box compatibility is not yet at parity with the Xbox One Previous experience. Please continue to report video playback and audio issues using the Feedback app to help us improve the experience. HDMI troubleshooting steps:
- Go Home and press the menu button on the OneGuide app to quit, then restart it.
- Unplug and re-plug the HDMI-in cable from the Xbox, ensuring it’s seated securely in the port.
- With the Xbox One turned on, pull the power cord on the cable/satellite box, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox One to perform a hard reboot of the console.
- Dolby Digital surround sound will not work for Live TV.
- Favoriting is not currently supported for App channels.
- The “Xbox Snap TV” voice command does not work. You can snap TV via voice command by saying “Xbox Snap OneGuide” or choosing OneGuide from the Snap Center.
- The OneGuide pin doesn’t function. You can launch OneGuide using the app, voice commands, or from the OneGuide twist.
- You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.
- The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.
- When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.
- You may be unable to use voice commands to navigate in Live TV.
Xbox App/SmartGlass Issues
SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide
Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.
You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass.
Basic SmartGlass functionality is now available including gamepad navigation, touch navigation, remote text entry, media playback control, and companions for apps and games. Other features such as two-finger touch panning, media companions, and power on/off will not function in this build.