While Patch 5.18 has been released to the League of Legends servers and focus for a lot of people will be on the World Championships in 2015, there are still plenty of new things coming. Patch 5.19 is on the way which will bring the promised new Champion, Kindred.
What is interesting though is that it looks like the patch will be released in the early hours of September 30. The maintenance window that will be required to apply the update has been announced:
“On 09/30/15, starting at, 01:30 Pacific time (08:30 UTC), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 5.19. At 03:00 Pacific time (10:00 UTC), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 3 hours.”
From the way previous updates have worked, this should mean that the Kindred will be released within 24 hours of the patch going live. If something goes wrong during the update, this may hold it back, but I’m sure fans would rather have a delay rather than have the new champion rushed out only to be broken.
Coming in Patch 5.19:
- The release of Kindred, The Eternal Hunters
- Six New Skins: Shadowfire Kindred, Ironside Malphite, Marauder Olaf, Marauder Alistar, Warden Karma, and Warden Jax.
- Jungle Leashing: Updated rules for jungling, including monster “Patience.” If you annoy the monsters they’ll start to ignore you forcing you to have to wait until you can attack them again.
- HUD Tweaks: Summoner names on leaderboard can be toggled on and off.
- Persistent Chat Rooms: New private chat room functionality added.
Are you looking forward to the Patch 5.19 updates? Will you be trying out Kindred? Let us know your thoughts below.