With Apple’s reveal of their latest iPhone 6s there were many updates that will have interested the Apple fans. An extra surprise over the last few days has also been Infinity Blade 3 for iOS being given away free.
Chair Entertainment is celebrating five years of Infinity Blade, and although giving away a free game is already a good way to celebrate, it seems they haven’t just stopped there. An extra step for the more technical minded fans is the release of around 7,600 game assets that were created for a cancelled spin-off.
On Epic’s Unreal Engine blog the company revealed that they were working on this version of the game, and provided the details for the assets. These include:
- Infinity Blade: Grass Lands is the earthy citadel adorned with stone set pieces and beautiful props.
- Infinity Blade: Ice Lands is the wintery fort set deep within a glacial enclave.
- Infinity Blade: Fire Lands is the radiant castle interior laced with unforgiving paths, dramatic props and flowing lava.
- Infinity Blade: Warriors includes loads of assets for crafting fierce heroes.
- Infinity Blade: Adversaries has even more content for a making wide variety of rivals.
- Infinity Blade: Effects gives you visual effects ranging from fire and smoke to lightning and magical reactions.
- Infinity Blade: Sounds includes thousands of raw audio files and sound cues.
- Infinity Blade: Weapons presents a vast array of melee weaponry, including never-before-seen swords and axes and also a few Infinity Blade fan favourites.
With this number of assets being released to developers on the Unreal Engine Marketplace this is a treasure trove for fans who want to pay homage to Infinity Blade, or even make a completely different game. The fact that Epic also reveal the creation of the assets involved a $3 million investment into the art and sound design shows the impact of such a giveaway.
Are you an Unreal Engine developer who will make use of these assets? Let us know your thoughts below.