World of Warcraft patch 6.2.2 is now available to download on PC. The most notable part of the new patch in the introduction of a mode called, Mercenary mode.
The mode is PvP and one unique feature it offers is the ability of fight for rival team, if your team has enough players. This amazing PvP mode comes along with new rewards for Timewalking, fixes for Hellfire Citadel, and a few of new achievements.
Highlights of patch 6.2.2 can be seen below:
Flying on Draenor
- Flying has been enabled on Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement, Draenor Pathfinder.
- Learn about how to earn this multi-part achievement in our blog post – “Draenor Pathfinder: Prepare for Flying”.
PvP Mercenary Mode
- Players are now able to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds. Agents of the enemy faction will appear at your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde) and allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
- While competing as a mercenary, players will automatically have their race changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction. Players will still be able to earn all the same rewards as winning or losing as their original faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
- Learn about this feature in our blog post “In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode”
Full patch notes are available, here.