We have some exciting news for PlayStation users in Europe. According to a new announcement, Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair and Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space, is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita respectively.
Both games will release sometime during the fourth quarter of 2015.
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair is a reimagining of Earth Defense Force 2025, whereas, Invaders from Planet Space is a remaster of Global Defence Force 2.
Global Defence Force 2 was previously released for PlayStation 2. Here are features of each game as revealed by PQube.
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
- Take on almost 100 levels – solo, couch co-op, or online with up to three friends!
- Use tanks, helicopters, jetpacks, air bikes, armoured rail guns, and giant robots to take on the invading alien force!
- Huge, open levels with fully destructible environments.
- Hundreds of weapons and gadgets from grenades, rifles, and airstrikes, to giant mecha with rocket-powered fists!
- Four different classes for unique play experiences. Soar over the battlefield as a Wing Diver, call the shots as an
- Air Raider, wade into the thick of it as a heavily armoured Fencer, or do it the old-fashioned way as a Ranger!
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
- All the explosive free-roaming action of Earth Defense Force in the palm of your hand!
- Three character classes to chose from – the agile Pale Wing, the hard-hitting Infantryman, and the tactically gifted Air Raider.
- Increase your firepower with a range of heavily armed vehicles and protect (or lay waste to) the fully destructible cities.
- Join up to three friends in local multiplayer or online co-op!
Both games will release on disks and on PSN.