With the ever-changing world of gaming and consoles one company that continues to survive while not being on top is Nintendo. Their Annual Report 2015 has been released and it appears to be good news for the company.
Based on the highlights put together here are the important numbers for the company:
- Gross profit increased from the previous fiscal year by ¥51.3 billion to ¥214.5 billion (U.S.$1,788 million; an increase of 31.5% on a year-over-year basis)
- Total assets increased overall by ¥46.5 billion compared with the previous fiscal year, to ¥1,352.9 billion (U.S.$11,274 million) mainly due to an increase in cash and deposits and securities.
- Net assets increased by ¥49.1 billion compared to the previous fiscal year to ¥1,167.5 billion (U.S.$9,729 million) due to the increase in foreign currency translation adjustment and retained earnings.
- Net sales were ¥549.7 billion (U.S.$4,581 million; a decrease of 3.8% on a year-on year basis), of which overseas sales were ¥414.7 billion (U.S.$3,455 million; an increase of 5.1% on a year-on-year basis, and 75.4% of total sales).
- Operating income was ¥24.7 billion (U.S.$206 million; compared with an operating loss of ¥46.4 billion in the previous fiscal year)
- GameStop Inc. accounted for 468$ million of net sales
- Capital of Nintendo RU LLC. increased from RUB104 to RUB336
- Nintendo’s ownership of Nd Cube Company, Ltd. increased from 96% to 97%
What this all adds up to is a good year for Nintendo. The full report can be seen here.
With profits like this it is obvious that the future of Nintendo looks good, especially with the Nintendo NX in production with a possible release for next year.
What are your thoughts on Nintendo’s good news? Let us know below.