CD Projekt RED are going to be releasing a big update to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt this week with Patch 1.07 for PC, though console owners are likely to have to wait a little longer for it.
When it does arrive though it will add some interesting things likely to keep fans happy. Hopefully console owners won’t have to wait too long for the changes too.
The patch will include the follow, with more details to come soon:
- New, optional alternative movement response mode for Geralt.
- The player will be able to store more items thanks to a new stash. This will be available in various locations around the game world, which will be shown on the map.
- Crafting and alchemy ingredients no longer affect the overall inventory weight.
- Books will not have their own tab on the inventory, read books will be greyed out.
- Various sorting options will be added to the inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting designs can be pinned. The ingredients for these will then be marked in the shopping panel.
- Dozens of fixes will be added for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- Performance enhancements will be included; these include updates for FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Horse behaviour will be improved.
With such a big patch being released this is holding off free DLC for this week.
With the performance enhancements it will be interesting to see what will be improved, though the changes that are more visible like inventory changes will be easier for users to notice. I’m sure that people who have found annoying bugs in the game will be checking to see if they’ve finally been fixed.
What do you think of these improvements to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Let us know below.