The official Driveclub Facebook page has acknowledged the release as premature and assured fans that it’s coming soon:
We’re preparing to launch DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition & will have news for you soon. The Store update today with the DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition was premature. The servers aren’t ready yet, so it’s been removed while we get them ready. Apologies on their behalf for any confusion and inconvenience caused.
Playstation 4 players will know the disappointment of Drive Club and the delay of the free version for Playstation Plus users. Having waited since its promised original October 7 release date, it seemed that the day may have finally arrived and the DriveClub Playstation Plus Edition was available on the Playstation Store. Just as quick as it appeared though it quickly vanished
At 14.7GB it the download was a sizable one with the only requirement for players being that they have a Playstation Plus account. As most owners do have that I’m sure people would have rushed to download it. With the free version of DriveClub comes:
- Every feature available in Driveclub: this includes online multiplayer both matches and challenges, offline solo races, tour events, customisations, replays and more.
- Players will be able to create their own races with full control over options such as time of day and weather.
- Access to all 13 tracks in India, one of the six locations of DriveClub.
- 15 cars that can be stored in your garage
- All 27 Playstation trophies available for the full version of Driveclub. This includes the Platinum.
An appearance then sudden disappearance like this without an announcement from Sony or Evolution Studies does hint that a mistake was made and the okay was given a little too early for the game to appear.
What this does hint at though is that the game is finally coming soon, which hopefully won’t be too late for some who have waited a long time for it to finally be available.
Were you able to spot Driveclub PS Plus version on the store? Is it available for you? Let us know in the comments below.