Remember the new PlayStation 4 model that surfaced online some time ago? Sony has now officially announced the model, titled CUH-1200 alongside complete specifications for the console.
Highlights of the model in question are that it weighs in at 10 percent less than the models all of us are using right now and more importantly, it reduces the power consumption by eight percent in comparison with the older models.
Also, you see that shiny finish on the hard disk drive of your console? This changes in the new model too match the rest of the body.
As far as the price is concerned, Sony will not change it by a dime for the new CUH-1200 PlayStation 4. The suggested retail price is going to be the same $399 which translates into 39,980 Japanese Yen.
If you are interested in finding out everything that was shared by Sony, here’s a list of all the known specifications – other than what we have already told you above:
- Single-chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD Jaguar, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-Generation Radeon ™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Disk: 500 GB
- Dimensions: 275mm × 53mm × 305 mm
- Weight: 2.5kg
- Optical drive: BD 6-speed CAV, DVD 8 speed CAV
- Input and output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) port × 2, AUX port × 1
- Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) × 1
- IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
- Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
- Power supply: AC 100-240V, 50 / 60Hz
- Power consumption: Maximum 230W
- AV output: HDMI/ Optical digital output terminal
Last but not the least, the new CUH-1200 PlayStation 4 is going to be launched in both the color variants that previous models got i.e. Jet Black and Glacier White.