The Russian version of the official Gears of War website has updated itself to include new details about the remastered version of the original game for Xbox One.
It’s unknown whether this was accidental, since the information is still present but an official announcement has not been made. Microsoft will probably be taking center stage at E3 2015 tomorrow to do just that.
According to the posted details, the Gears of War remaster will release on August 25 this year for the Xbox One. Additionally, it will feature multiplayer modes “in the styles of Gears of War 3.”
The third installment is mentioned more than a couple of times to suggest that the Gears of War remaster will feature plenty of tweaks and polish from Gears of War 3. To add to the confusion, the entire post was made in the Gears of War 3 page.
It also makes mention of new achievements and ninety minutes of new content for the campaign mode.
Moving past the introduction of the game, which sounds similar to the original Gears of War description, we have this list of features:
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for the campaign mode of the original game for the PC
- New achievements in Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, “Team Fight”, “King of the Hill” (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction “Gnasherom.”
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternative control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All the control parameters are adapted for the Xbox One
- Added features from your favorite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
We don’t have to wait long to know whether this information is true or not.