Bungie has announced a new hotfix for Destiny that will make on of the most toughest boss fights a little less difficult. The boss fight in question is the Skolas encounter.
While some players managed to blast their way through Skolas in minutes, others have found it frustrating. Bungie acknowledged this problem in the latest Bungie Weekly Update.
Developers announced a few changes that we’ll be seeing for the Skolas Boss fight. Creative Director Christopher Barrett announced the following changes that will help us with the Skolas Boss fight.
- New Modifier combinations (Arc, Void, and Solar Burn will be removed)
- Boss health is reduced (to compensate for the lack of burn)
- Minions will spawn at predictable health intervals
- Minor adjustment to the unit makeup of the combatant waves
Skolas is about to get a shorter life sentence. To ensure that he’ll still have a fighting chance, there will be some more skulls for you to juggle. Your battle with the final boss changes next week
Destiny Hotfix 188.8.131.52 is expected next week, probably sometime before E3 kicks-off. Speaking of E3, it’s being held between 16-18 June at the LA Convention Center.
Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and more will be there with their latest games. Press-Conferences start on June 14 with Bethesda taking the lead. You can see the timings below:
- Bethesda – June 14 – 7pm PT / 10pm ET / June 15 – 3am BST / 12pm AET
- Microsoft – June 15 – 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 5:30pm BST / June 16 – 2:30am AET
- EA – June 15 – 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST / June 16 – 6am AET
- Ubisoft – June 15 – 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 11pm BST / June 16 – 8am AET
- Sony – June 15 – 6pm PT / 9pm ET / June 16 – 2am BST / 11am AET
- Nintendo – June 16 – 9am PT/ 12pm ET / 5pm BST / June 17 – 2am AET
- Square Enix – June 16 – 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 6pm BST / June 17 – 3am AET
- PC Gaming Show – June 16 – 5pm PT / 8pm ET / June 17 – 1am BST / 10am AET
For all things E3, stay-tuned.