Mirror’s Edge 2 Will Be Called “Catalyst,” Official Twitter Account Suggests
Yesterday we reported a new trademark filed by EA in Europe, which mentioned something called Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. Since EA announced a sequel, we have been referring to the game as Mirror’s Edge 2, so Catalyst was assumed to be a mobile spin-off.
However, it seems that isn’t the case as the official Mirror’s Edge Twitter account has teased or should I say confirmed Catalyst as the sequel to Mirror’s Edge.
Here’ the Tweet in question:
— Mirror’s Edge (@mirrorsedge) June 8, 2015
From the looks of it, the title should get a detailed reveal at E3 which is just around the corner. EA has been pretty tight lipped, but new information should start dropping soon.
The Tweet, however, gave nothing away other than what Catalyst means according to the dictionary. Like I said, E3 is just around the corner, you can see times and dates for pre-conferences from EA, Ubisoft Sony and more below:
- Bethesda – June 14 – 7pm PT / 10pm ET / June 15 – 3am BST
- Microsoft – June 15 – 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET / 5:30pm BST
- EA – June 15 – 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 8:30pm BST
- Ubisoft – June 15 – 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 10:30pm BST
- Sony – June 15 – 6pm PT / 9pm ET / 1:30am BST
- Nintendo – June 16 – 9am PT/ 12pm ET / 5pm BST
- Square Enix – June 16 – 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 6pm BST
- PC Gaming Show – June 16 – 5pm PT/8pm ET / June 17 – 1pm
We’ll have more for you on Mirror’s Edge Catalyst in the near future.