Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae version 2.0 is now live on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Those with access to the demo can now log-in to download the new update which weighs in at about 3.4 GB in size.
Transitioning from version 1.0 to 2.0, Square Enix is adding the following new features:
- You can now fight the Catoblepas! That’s the big monster in the lake. In version 2.0 one of them comes out of the lake onto land where you can fight it. Be careful though, it apparently takes 20 minutes to defeat with all four characters at level 99 and it can still knock you out in one hit.
- You can now warp out of battle to certain locations.
- There’s a new dodge roll!
- New character interactions (in the field/environment and during camping).
- New team combo attacks using all four party members.
- Additional side quests involving just you/Noctis and one other party member.
- A lot of direct interactions between all the characters that have been added. One of the main themes of Final Fantasy XV is the journey that these characters go on together and they’re all supposed to be close friends, so hopefully now you’ll be able to get a greater sense of their friendships.
- More little things that are best to discover on your own.
In addition to this update, Square Enix has also patched Final Fantasy Type-0 HD with tweaks to motion blur and camera controls. The update is a minor 12 MB in size and is now available for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Reduced motion blur effect.
- Improved camera controls while moving.
- Fixed various other issues.