The PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a new Patch 1.04 today, which brings a “series of overall stability and performance improvements,” amongst other things.
According to CD Projekt RED, the new update brings further performance boosts with NVIDIA Hairworks. The feature will still take a major bite out of your system’s resources, but now should give better stable frames-per-second.
The game now recognizes 1280 x 720 resolution, and those playing the game at 720p will now be able to get a better display.
Prior to this patch, some of the key bindings were locked out. Once you’ve updated your game, simply enable “Unlock Bindings” from the options to be able to rebind all keys to your liking.
The complete list of changes are below:
- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
- Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
- Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
- Updates the game icon.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is available now on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.