Rocket League is now officially in closed beta for the PlayStation 4 and developer Psyonix has revealed how you can take part in the game’s testing.
Posting on the PlayStation Blog, the developer mentioned that the team secured its “Feature Complete” milestone last week. This means that all features intended for the final version of the game are now in working order. Now is the time to vigorously test it out by players and to tighten any loose bolts.
Invitations to the closed beta began rolling out earlier this week, but it’s only from today that players can sign up themselves as well. Simply head to the official website and fill up the form which requests you to include your PSN ID, Email, and Country.
Not every applicant will get access and so it’s a first-come-first serve basis. Hence, if you’re really interested in trying out Rocket League, then you need to hurry.
Psyonix has asked everyone to not fret if they are not sent a key. The game’s closed beta will be expanded gradually, and sooner or later, the capacity of testers will be increased.
Here are some things to note about the closed beta:
- Server Times will run from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific.
- Because this test is specifically for matchmaking and server functionality, most final-game features are disabled.
- Season Mode and Car Customization are not included, only one stadium is available for play.
- These keys are for North America only.
- This initial beta phase will end at a date to be determined in early May.
Note that the release date for the game has been pushed from its original Spring 2015 frame to Summer 2015.