Patch 1.03 was released for Pillars of Eternity a couple of days ago, and importantly fixes a serious game breaking bug.
Shortly after the game’s launch last week, players found that double-clicking to equip an item would permanently remove all passive abilities from that item. The only way around this was to drag the items into their intended slots on the inventory screen.
According to developer Obsidian Entertainment, the problem has been rectified with the new patch. Additionally, those affected by the bug can now open their saved games from the last patch, to see their characters repaired.
Some of the other major changes included in the new patch are:
- Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The crash in Raedric’s Hold has been fixed.
- Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if you play with minimized tooltips.
- Previously Wizard summoned items could persist after the spell’s duration. This has been fixed and it will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We’ve included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you’ll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.
Other changes includes balances, tweaks to settings, features, quests, and the game’s UI. There’s also a fix to the stats issue when saving and loading on the same map where a companion is found. This is a retroactive fix and will restore companions and characters to the proper state.
You can read the entire patch notes through the link.