Cities: Skylines Patch 1.0.6b is Here to Squash Some Bugs
Cities: Skylines patch 1.0.6b has gone live on Steam and is here to fix a range of issues and bugs. This is the first patch from developer Collosal Order after receiving post-release feedback from users. Some reports suggested that the game isn’t working at all for a few users, while others suffered from technical issues.
The patch deals with issues across different platforms – Windows, Mac and Linux. Some of the problems were consistent on all three while others were platform specific.
For example, Linux users can play Cities: Skylines on dual-monitors now without having to worry about it being half way through the screen. Mac users won’t experience crashing after selecting a building via Asset importer.
As for Windows, “dependencies to the visual studio runtime have been removed.”
Full patch notes are available over at Steam, but you can see some of the highlights below.
- Modding API: fixed OnCalculateResidentialDemand, OnCalculateCommercialDemand and OnCalculateWorkplaceDemand to call their respective counterpart properly. Also fixed for office buildings calling industrial level up.
- Nerfed parks decreasing commercial demand
- Noad upgrade tool now works between two-way and one-way roads and right mouse-button changes direction of one-way roads
- Building effect radius is more accurate
- Added a Film grain slider in the Graphics options, like for the Tilt shift. (Users with the Disable Film Grain mod subscribed from Steam workshop and enabled will be notified with a “Console warning” when the game start and the game will automatically disable the mod and set the film grain amount to 0 so that no action from users is required apart from closing the Console panel).
- Added a chirper volume slider in the Audio options
- Intro screen can now be skipped with mouse click or key press.
- Fixed a case where an error would occur if the Source folder was not found while sharing a Mod to the workshop
- Fixed Publish workshop panel caption to not always show Savegame regardless which asset type was selected
- Removed the clicking sounds that could be heard on a quiet night during full moon and near the end of the loading screen
- Buildings uploaded to the workshop will now go to their respective tags automatically. (Buildings already on the workshop will not, we are currently investigating how to make it happen without users having to do anything about it)