GTA5 Tops Digital Sales for January, Activision Outdoes All
The digital sales market for game is on the rise, January saw a 14 percent increase in spendings from the consumers on a year on year basis.
SuperData has collected information for the sales made in January and shared some details that are really interesting.
For instance, they listed the top ten highest revenue earning titles for the month. While GTA5 still dominated by holding the number one position with a great margin. It was the sales figures of Activision Blizzard that were really interesting.
They have a total of four titles in the top 10 (which in itself is a strong message); Advanced Warfare is safely placed at number two followed by Destiny at number three. Then COD Ghosts follows at number eight and surprisingly Black Ops II is still in the top 10 albeit the fact that it is on number 10.
Here is the complete list of the top 10 highest revenue earners for the month of January 2015:
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Take Two Interactive) – $31.8 million
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard) – $23.5 million
- Destiny (Activision Blizzard) – $14.2 million
- Dying Light (Warner Bros.) – $12.0 million
- Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts) – $11.7 million
- Resident Evil HD Remastered (Capcom) – $10.8 million
- Minecraft (Microsoft) – $10.3 million
- Call of Duty Ghosts (Activision Blizzard) – $9.2 million
- Madden NFL15 (Electronic Arts) – $6.1 million
- Call of Duty Black Ops II (Activison Blizzard) – $3.5 million
Do remember that these figures are for the digital downloads of the games as well as the in-game purchases that players have made. Also, this doesn’t include anything from the physical sales.
Moreover, the data reveals that PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 have dominated the month in terms of digital game sales with 63 percent of the share. Which is also a good step up for Sony.