Back in June 2014 Nintendo announced Mario Party 10 exclusively for the Wii U; this would bring the longstanding game series’ latest iteration to the most recent consoles on Nintendo.
However, what has the series achieved so far?
The official website of Nintendo was discussing the next iteration in the series, Mario Party 10 when they boasted of the huge success that the series has had in the past. A success that is almost 40 million units big:
Mario Party 10 is the first Wii U instalment in the revered Mario Party series, which since its debut – Mario Party – on Nintendo 64 in 1999 has sold over 39.6 million copies globally.
In case you were wondering which titles are included in the number count, Nintendo didn’t leave out any detail. They gave a complete list of the games and also stated that the figure was for the sales that had been made until December 2014. Here’s a rundown on the titles:
- Mario Party (Nintendo 64)
- Mario Party 2 (Nintendo 64)
- Mario Party 3 (Nintendo 64)
- Mario Party 4 (Nintendo GameCube)
- Mario Party 5 (Nintendo GameCube)
- Mario Party 6 (Nintendo GameCube)
- Mario Party 7 (Nintendo GameCube)
- Mario Party 8 (Wii)
- Mario Party 9 (Wii)
- Mario Party Advance (Game Boy Advance)
- Mario Party DS (Nintendo DS)
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo 3DS)
As far as the upcoming game is concerned, it will be the first to feature Amiibo support and seeing how that is massively popular, I am guessing the sales figures are about to get another jump.
That being said, Mario Party 10 is slated for release next month on March 12 in Japan and on March 20 in North America and European Union.