Xbox One Controller Update to Bring Fast Connect and Stability Changes
Xbox One controller has been appreciated by many due to its easier handling and usage. However, Microsoft is looking to improve its functionality even further with the upcoming controller firmware update.
The update is currently available only for the members of Xbox Preview Program, but after the testing is done, it will make its way to everyone.
Xbox One controller firmware update will bring a number of improvements including a fast connection. As of now, the Xbox One takes about 4 to 5 seconds to recognize the controller but after this update, it will get connected in less than two seconds.
Apart from this big improvement, the update will bring some stability changes that will fix a few of the issues that have been reported to Microsoft by public and preview program members.
The members of Xbox Preview Program can get their controller updated by following the steps below:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu
- Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller: “If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.”
- Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
- When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
- Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0
If you need any more help with the Xbox One controller, then visit Microsoft’s official support page.
Source: Major Nelson