El Dorado Expansion Hits Europa Universalis 4 Next Month
A new expansion pack for Europa Universalis 4 will add the fabled city of El Dorada, Paradox Interactive has announced.
Additionally a new feature called “National Designer” has been thrown into the mix, and is something players will undoubtedly spend time tinkering with. Paradox Interactive describes it as a “tool that let’s you customize your starting nation in a campaign.”
It goes deeper than that and also allows players to pick out their starting capital, neighboring provinces, starting culture and leader, and more. Everything can be done to make sure your elected leader is able to lead the new nation to the future. Through the Nation Designer, you can opt to either make your gameplay easier or hard for that matter.
There are plenty of other features to expect from the developer next month. These include:
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
The El Dorado pack will be available next month for PC, Mac, and Linux through Steam and various other distributors. Pricing has not been confirmed.