Publisher NIS America announced a European release date for Akiba’s Trip 2 on Playstation 4, renamed Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed for its localized version. It will arrive on February 4, 2015 and feature multiple enhancements to its previously released PS Vita version.
For starters, you’ll be able to run through Japan’s most geeky district, Akihabara, in 1080p and generally improved visuals. There will also be four times more population on the busy shopping streets, which takes less time to load.
Those who want to go the extra mile can hop into a visual editor on their in-game smartphone, to alter the game world significantly. It’s possible to get some rather intriguing effects going by changing colors, contrast, cel-shading thickness and so on.
In Toy Box mode, you’ll be able to skip past playing the game to unlock items and instead start with one item of each. Its drawback is that any form of achievement or reward isn’t possible in this mode.
One of the main improvements that Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed can do on PS4 is enable livestreaming functionalities. People tuning in to the anime-styled action title can type the following messages to interact with the game directly:
- Help – Summons Nana to help patrol the area and fight by your side. But, wait… Nana, where did you get those clothes? And that weapon?!
- Attack – Anonymously informs the people in your immediate vicinity that you called them fat and insulted their dog.
- Police – Anonymously tips off the local police force that you’ve been causing some trouble. Basically, it’s the ultimate tattle.
- Look – Causes some sort of absolutely amazing thing to happen just behind the camera, forcing everyone to turn and look at it for a second.
- Unison – Increments your Unison Strip gauge through an unspecified psychic bond. Probably the nicest thing your viewers can type.
- Pantydrop – Instructs the trickster spirit of Akiba to yank off the underwear of the nearest female passer-by. Because Japan.
- Pantyjump – Manipulates the wind in a very specific way, causing any panties presently on the ground to fly into the air and float gently back to earth.
- Pantynado – Materializes several pairs of female underwear from the ether and causes them to lazily whirl around you. Don’t ask how it works.
- Join (+ optional message) – Creates a random NPC in the area bearing the commenter’s name. When spoken with, this NPC will say “Hello, fellow Akiba enthusiast!” like a total square – or, alternately, whatever the commenter told him/her to say, like a total champion.If the commenter wishes to create a specific NPC type rather than leaving things up to chance, he/she may substitute any of the following for the word “Join”: man, woman, geek, nerd, dork, otaku, gothic, lolita, goth, loli, thug, punk, delinquent, aunt, auntie, lady, boy, schoolboy, girl, schoolgirl, foreigner, visitor, tourist or gaijin.
We’re going to let the description from NIS America intact, so you can get a better feel of what this game is about. It’s about stripping down girls, because they’re vampires and they need to be exposed to sunlight; that’s actually the plot.
As such, it will also be possible to use the PS4 controller’s touchpad to get “up close and personal” with stripping victims in Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed. It’s going to cost you €49.99 to tear off girls’ clothes.