Nintendo has been having the best time of the year since the last couple of months. They have released multiple million seller games that have boosted their software as well as hardware sales by a great margin.
Now, this was quantified by the company’s official website where they confirmed a total of four Nintendo 3DS titles that have sold above 2 million copies in the period of last five months. Not just that; these figures are specific to Japan alone!
While the website is in Japanese and I am really no good at that language, online translators came to our help and we have been able to siphon out the details. The four games in question are:
- Yo-Kai Watch 2 (released on July 10)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (released on September 13)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (released on October 11)
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (released on November 21)
Other than this, the post listed down the total number of titles that have sold over 2 million copies for four of their platforms. These are the following:
- Nintendo DS – 14 titles sold more than 2 million copies
- Nintendo 3DS – 10 titles sold more than 2 million copies
- Wii – 8 titles sold more than 2 million copies
- Game Boy Advance – 2 titles sold more than 2 million copies
These are really impressive figures that should boost the optimism in the minds of Nintendo fans as well as developers considering where they want to put Nintendo 3DS in terms of their future games. Don’t you think?