Ubisoft is finally working on a new patch that will address the frame rate issues plaguing Assassin’s Creed: Unity.
The problem has been there since the game’s launch last month and has completely marred any trust that was left with Ubisoft’s consumers. According to Ubisoft, Patch 4 should bring loads of improvements to the game’s overall performance. It should additionally fix numerous crashes, along with the game’s companion app that apparently is also not running right since the release.
Here is the full list of updates and fixes coming with Patch 4:
- Game crashes after loading your save: We’re devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we’ve noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don’t see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress – simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
As a token of apology, Ubisoft announced last month that those with the Season Pass will be able to redeem one free Ubisoft game. The studio is now reminding everyone to do so as soon as possible.