Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition is Now Available
Originally released back in 2009, Red Faction Guerrilla has freed itself from the shackles of Games for Windows Live and is now available on Valve’s Steam.
The game was going through an open beta for the past one month. The Steam edition adds Steam trading cards and comes bundled with 6 Wrecking Crew maps including Imperial, Abandoned, Ruins, Expansion and Repercussion.
The developers have also added a new game mode called Behemoth in addition to some improvements to online experience. The new edition also features Steam hosted leaderboards, host migration and voice chat.
You can check out some of the highlights from the changelog below or you can read the full patch notes here.
Steam Edition Feature Highlights:
- Added Steam Trading Cards
- DirectX 11 Render Backend instead of DirectX 10 (DirectX 9 still available as fall back)
- Added Wrecking Crew maps: RUINS, REPURCUSSION, IMPERIAL, EXPANSION, FROST, ABANDONED
- Added Behemoth Mode
- Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
- Added Host Migration functionality
- Added Join in Progress functionality to join matches that are already started
- No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
- Leaderboards via Steam
- Voice Chat via Steam
- Achievements via Steam
- At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system
- Added Russian, Polish and Czech Localization
Red Faction Guerrilla is available at an 85% discount and can be yours for just $2.99 on Steam. To know more about it, follow the link here.