Super Smash Bros for 3DS has Sold 1.2 Million in the US
We have always expected Super Smash Bros to do something over the top; and they have delivered. The 3DS version of the game has managed to sell over one million copies in the US alone, and they have managed the feat in just a little over a month!
Nintendo is jubilant about the achievement as this also gives them the first 10 3DS titles to have sold over a million copies – previously there were nine of them:
It’s official: Smash is a smash. Despite only being on the market for a little more than a month, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has already sold 1.2 million combined physical and digital units in the U.S alone. The game sold more than 485,000 total units in October to become the 10th Nintendo 3DS title to sell at least 1 million units in the U.S.
Needless to say, the game has proven to be the best handheld title for the running year too. The details were shared by Nintendo based on October’s NPD figures.
Nintendo has also stated that the sales figures of Wii U console have gone up by 47 percent while the Wii U titles have sold 84 percent higher as compared to the same 10 month period last year.
Coming back to the achievement that Nintendo is celebrating, here is a list of the games that have made it over the million unit mark in sales:
- Mario Kart 7 (3.62 million)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3.34 million)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2.33 million)
- Pokemon X (2.11 million)
- Pokemon Y (2.03 million)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (1.42 million)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (1.41 million)
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (1.36 million)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (1.20 million)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (1.06 million)
That is one solid collection of games now!