Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is getting its first post-launch patch which fixes some minor bugs and basically gets the game ready for its upcoming Handsome Jack DLC.
The patch is available today on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, while the PC platform will receive it on November 11. You can read through the short changelog below.
- Adds support for upcoming downloadable content.
- Athena’s Kinetic Aspis shield will now display properly when charging.
- Save data will now save correctly when two split-screen players choose the same character
- Sound effects for the Boganella weapon will no longer overlap.
- Fixed various issues that caused players to be unable to complete the “Let’s Build a Robot Army,” “Science and Violence,” “Home Sweet Home,” and “Lost Legion Invasion” missions.
- Jack no longer stops moving in front of vending machine during the “Lost Legion Invasion” mission.
- The “I Can Do This Alone” challenge will now properly update.
- Players will no longer spawn in areas that prevent them from advancing the story.
- Fixed an issue where the Lost Legion Fighter and Crew failed to spawn.
Gearbox Software has also released another list of patch notes for an update that will be released sometime in the future. It’s basically a list of hot fixes that they are currently working on but will take some time to push out.
- Jack can now better find his way around the moon base during the mission “A New Direction.”
- Doctor Torres will let you out of the aquarium if your party is split up during the mission “Science and Violence.”
- Mechanics have made some adjustments to the Grinder to help it dispense proper weapon types.
- The Titan Robot Production Plant: Entrance is now a discoverable location, allowing players to unlock the Cosmic Completionist trophy/achievement.
- Adjusted gravity on the Moon Buggy to make jumping chasms easier
- Deadlift is now much less likely to block solo Vault Hunters from entering his lair
- Players can now continue their journeys in Tycho’s Ribs and Eleseer and the Fast Travel stations in those levels will unlock once discovered
- Addresses an issue where the objective “Pass through the breach” could fail to advance in the mission “The Beginning of the End”.
I’m on the last chapter of the game and so far I’ve only endured one fatal bug where an AI glitched and I had to restart to a previous save point. Except for that the game has proven to be a real smooth experience for me on the PC.