Minecraft PS4 Update Live In Europe, Brings Multiple Fixes and Adds Copy Save Option
The bug fixing update for the PS4 version of Minecraft has been in testing for around two weeks now and finally, it is live in Europe. Developer 4J Studios has not revealed a release date for the patch in North America, but it shouldn’t take long.
The update will fix frame rate issues in jungle along with rendering issues of glass blocks, when placed next to each other. 4J has also added a new “Copy Save” option for players to back up their progress in another save.
You can read the changelog below:
- Fix for tile entities not being saved correctly in unloaded chunks. (Empty Chests, Spawners turning into Pig Spawners, etc.)
- Enable hiding mashup-pack worlds from the saves list, and re-enabling them all from the options menu.
- Change to ‘disable saving’ setting so that it remains set for a specific save when reloading that save.
- Fix for Glass Blocks placed next to each other rendering incorrectly.
- Fix for enchanted items not destroying blocks as quickly as they should.
- Changed 3D sound attenuation to have linear fall-off, with special cases for thunder, Enderdragon & Ghast sounds. (Sound volumes incorrect bug)
- Improved frame-rate in Jungles.
- Fix for missing chunks in Superflat world on host console.
- Fixed an issue with mob spawning rates.
- Fix for hit box on torches sometimes being incorrect.
- Fix for entities being duplicated (every save/load cycle) for transferred worlds (Multiple Enderdragons bug).
- Fix for ‘Can Build and Mine’ not functioning correctly.
- Fixed issue with mobs still being aggressive while player is invisible (using Potion).
- Fixed an issue recording Spider Jockey kills.
- Fix for players riding Boats/Minecarts sometimes being invisible to remote players.
- Fix for Maps placed in an Item Frame appear as blank to other players.
- Fix to move HUD down when tooltips are disabled.
- Fix for camera resetting when going through Nether or End Portals.
- Fixed an issue with save transfers not using the most recent player data.
- Fix for Lily Pad breaking particle effect.
- Added a ‘Copy Save’ option to allow people to ‘back-up’ their world to another save.
Developer 4J is also working on a new update for the console versions of Minecraft. The update will bring the game up to the equivalent of Java 1.6.4. Also, a new patch for the Xbox One version of the game is also in the works.