PlayStation 4 Winning Streak Touches 8 Months: August 2014 NPD Report
It is almost turning into a tease for the people who are not that fond of PlayStation 4, but the fact remains, Xbox One has been left behind with a great margin.
In fact, the August 2014 NPD statistics have confirmed that the console led the hardware sales race again, making it the eighth consecutive month where Sony beat Microsoft.
At such a moment, the official response from the Japan based company was worth noting. It is their time to boast after all:
“PlayStation 4 was #1 in hardware sales for the eighth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles. PlayStation led the month for next generation software with Madden NFL 15 for PS4 taking the #1 spot for overall software sales. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition and Madden NFL 15 had their strongest sales on PS4 and were the biggest third party releases of the month.”
That is not all, if you look at the combined home console sales; PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 have again topped the list for the third month in a row. Sony also assured strong sales for Last of Us Remastered.
The top ten highest grossing videogames, according to the August 2014 NPD have only one platform exclusive i.e. The Last of Us which sits exquisitely at the fourth spot. Here’s the full list:
1. Madden NFL 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC, Wii U)
6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, 3DS, DS, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
7. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One)
8. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
9. Battlefield 4 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. The Lego Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, Vita
Do you think that Halo The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 Guardians are going to bring the glory to Xbox One or will PlayStation 4 prevail in this generation?