Square Enix Revealed a New Mobile Streaming Service, Dive In
Final Fantasy fans will now be able to enjoy the iconic franchise on the go as well and players can Stream a range of Final Fantasy titles to their mobile devices and/or tablets.
Square Enix’s new service is somewhat similar to Sony’s PlayStation Now through which you can stream your favorite PlayStation titles on other devices.
This new service By Square Enix is called “Dive In” and will kick-off on Oct. 9, starting with 3 titles including Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy VII and Season Of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders.
Depending on how long you want to rent the game, for either 3 days, 10 days, 30, days or 365 days, their prices are as follows:
Final Fantasy XIII
- Three Days – 250 yen (plus tax)
- 10 Days – 510 yen (plus tax)
- 30 Days – 1,250 yen (plus tax)
- One Year – 1,800 yen (plus tax)
Final Fantasy VII International
- Three Days – 200 yen (plus tax)
- 10 Days – 400 yen (plus tax)
- 30 Days – 1,000 yen (plus tax)
- One Year – 1,429 yen (plus tax)
Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders
- Three Days – 150 yen (plus tax)
- 10 Days – 300 yen (plus tax)
- 30 Days – 800 yen (plus tax)
- One Year – 1,185 yen (plus tax)
This is just the beginning as the company is planing to add more titles in the coming months like Final Fantasy VIII and The Last Remnant.
Right now, the service only supports Android 4.1 or higher and iOS 5th generation mobiles or tabs. Furthermore to insure a lag free experience, it is recommend to use a 6MB internet connection for higher resolution graphics however, for lower resolution, a 3MB connection is also acceptable.