People who are looking forward to pick up a copy of Civilization: Beyond Earth at launch might want to change their mind and pre-order the game instead.
As usual, pre-ordering a game these days comes with its own exclusive benefits and Civilization: Beyond Earth is no different.
Pre-launch purchase of the game in either digital or physical form will give the players an Exoplanets map pack.
The pack includes six different planets using specialized scripts that randomly generate different geographic layouts with every game.
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization Beyond Earth is an upcoming turn-based strategy game by publisher 2K. The title will be available for PC on October 24, 2014. You can pre-order the game at Gamestop for the price of $49.99 and get the additional Exoplanets map pack along with the game at launch.
Share your thoughts and views about the map pack in the comments below!