The collector’s edition of the Xbox One version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will feature exclusive content in the shape of a card game called Gwent, CD Projekt RED announced at Gamescom 2014.
According to the developer the card game has been carefully designed to allow two players to go competitively head to head.
The deck contains soldiers, demons, other units and spells. In total there are 150 cards, with four faction classes to play as. They are the mighty and cunning Nilfgaardian Empire, the brave Northern Realms and their siege weapons, the agile and devious Scoia’tael, and the brutal monsters of No Man’s Land.
“Gwent is every adventurer’s first choice when it comes to one-on-one card-based dueling,” reads a press release. “Take risks and think on your feet, strategize and deliver cunning combos, use potent magic and mighty hero cards and be the last one standing on the field of honor!”
In addition to that the Xbox One collector’s edition will also include a cloth map of the game world.
Here’s a list of the complete contents of the bundle:
- The standard edition of the game, containing: the official soundtrack, a beautiful and detailed map of the in-game world, unique stickers, and the developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm, 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
- A one of a kind SteelBook
- A two-hundred page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- A cloth map of the game world
- Two Gwent card decks
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is set for release on February 24, 2015 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.