Normally, a patch stays on PTR servers for a few weeks before it is ready to go live. That, however, doesn’t seem to be the case in the case of patch 5.4.8 for World of Warcraft.
Going live out of nowhere, the patch brings with it very few but critical changes to the game.
Blizzard announced just last week that the patch was up on PTR servers.
The changes don’t seem much at a glance, but they are important going forward for the upcoming major patches which will be followed by the release of pre Warlords of Draenor patch.
Along with a few changes regarding the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, the patch also brings the gear change promised before, some class changes and tweaking an achievement.
Some of the patch changes are listed below:
- Going to Need a Bigger Bag is now an account-wide achievement and items obtained by all characters on the account now contribute credit towards completion.
- General Nazgrim no longer calls in an additional wave of forces at 10% health on Raid Finder difficulty in Siege of Orgrimmar
- Berseker timer for Garrosh Hellscream has been increased to 25 minutes from 18 minutes on Raid Finder difficulty in Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Rogues can now use Burst of Speed to remove movement impairing effects, even while under the effects of Sprint. The movement speed bonus however will not stack.
- Heirloom weapons awarded by Garrosh Hellscream have been increased by 8 item levels to keep them competitive with the additional 2 upgrade levels given to other items.
Full patch notes can be seen here.