X Rebirth 2.0 Brings a Bunch of New Features Along With a Plethora of Fixes
Egosoft, creators of the popular space-sim X franchise, have released a major update for X Rebirth. The game suffered terrible reviews from critics and players alike since launch because of its buggy nature making the game unplayable.
Now, it has been six months since the game launched during which it is said to have received 25 patches yet it is still regarded as a failure compared to its predecessors.
Apparently, Egosoft has been hard at work on X Rebirth; the new version includes several tweaks and additions like new game-starts, varied cockpit configurations, upgraded combat, better visuals, controller support.
We have yet to see if the improvements will be able to save the game from its current state. The update comes alongside the Secret Service Missions add-on.
They also launched a new trailer showcasing the Secret Service Missions, if you are interested in trying out the game, it is currently available for half of its original price on Steam.
X Rebirth 2.0 will come with the following new features, improvements and fixes:
- New Feature: Three new gamestarts, each with a new cockpit configuration.
- New Feature: Rebalanced combat with three difficulty settings.
- New Feature: Additional commands for your ships.
- New Feature: Autopilot can fly your ship while you are busy.
- New Feature: All new highway flight model.
- New Feature: Most tasks can now be performed without landing on stations.
- New Feature: Full screen HUD detail monitor option.
- New Feature: Clicks on event monitor now open relevant menus.
- New Feature: Map/radar on event monitor.
- New Feature: New ships in Omicron Lyrae.
- New Feature: Huge new Xenon ship.
- New Feature: Four new missile types.
- New Feature: Improved graphics for an even more beautiful universe.
- New Feature: New graphics options and presets.
- New Feature: New start menu scene.
- New Feature: New Steam achievements.
- Added support for up to 8 input devices (now even your pet octopus can get the most from the game).
- Added option to buy replacement player ship cockpit layout from certain traders.
- Added shield damage for collisions.
- Improved responsiveness of main menu and dialogs.
- Improved event monitor with more space for important information.
- Improved positioning of interface elements in first person mode.
- Improved production logic now skips products where the station has too much stock.
- Fixed gamepad mode switching on when axis has non-zero value while at rest.
- Fixed problem with wrecked state of ship/station surface elements not always being loaded from savegames correctly.
- Fixed collectable objects not showing a target element.
- Fixed gates not showing a target element.
- Fixed info points not being displayed at drone launch pads.
- Fixed cases where clicking on larger targets didn’t work.
- Fixed rare instance of mission objective bar being stuck on screen.
- Fixed text field not being reset when closing and reopening trade menu.
- Fixed problems with overlapping/truncated text on first person event monitor.
- Fixed cases resulting in jumping target elements.
- Fixed incorrect text in certain conversations.
- Fixed icon size in licence encyclopedia entry.
- Fixed distance sorting in trade menu.
- Fixed capital ships becoming invisible when boosting while player is close.
- Fixed cases where build icons were displayed without a builder ship in the player squad.
- Fixed missing trade offers for architects with no money.
- Fixed rare case of missing target elements (usually build locations or player owned cap ships).
- Fixed cases where targeting objects using gamepad/joystick controls did not work correctly.
- Fixed trade restrictions menu getting stuck.
- Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
- Various optimisations resulting in small performance improvements.