Minecraft Title Update 16 on Xbox 360 is now available for players to download on the console. The update focuses on fixing a host of bugs instead of adding any new kind of content to the game.
The fix will address the “disappearing player” issue that was often experienced when a character died, and also tweak certain issues such as the breeding of wild Ocelots and an Ocelot with a Cat.
The long list of fixes, according to press release, is listed below:
- Fix for players going invisible after death (on respawning).
- Fix for players going invisible when two players go through a nether gate at the same time.
- Fix for players sometimes being invisible after teleporting until either they move, or the player that sees them as invisible moves.
- Fix for Noteblock pitch being wrong – more noticeable when chords are played.
- Fix for Mobs dying in walls (happens for baby mobs after they become adults).
- Fix for chunks not loading in maps – tends to be specific seeds.
- Fixed streaming music not playing after a playing CD has been ejected from a jukebox
- Fix for player being able to attach Signs to the Chest with a block placed above it.
- Fix for player being able to breed wild Ocelots.
- Fix for player being able to breed Ocelot with Cat.
- Fix for tame wolves being removed if no players were near them when they were angry.
- Fix for Potion of Night Vision corrupts the game’s UI while player is falling into the Void in the End.
- Fix for the damage decals flickering and/or not present if players are not close to each other in Survival Mode in a local splitscreen game.
- Fix for damage decals not displaying in splitscreen if the secondary player is 30 + blocks away from the primary player
- Fixed lava drip particles being too dark/black
- Fix for sitting wolves (or stationary entities) not being immediately visible if a remote player spawns next to them, or spawns far away and quickly heads towards them
- Fix for Leather Armour not displaying the enchantment glow.
- Fix for Enchanted item in hand effect being wrong.
- Fix for blocks placed at Y 128 being black on top.
The full change log along with the above updates is available on the official Minecraft Forum.
The fix will bring Natural Texture Pack and Candy Texture Pack when it is released for the PlayStation 3 edition of the game.
Minecraft is also set to come out for the PS4, PS Vita, and Xbox One. The release date is still unannounced, with the suggestion that it could be anywhere between now and September. Fans and journalists expect some kind of update regarding its release on these platforms at the E3 next month.