The biggest event for the players of Dota 2, The International 2014 is set to start in just a couple of days and Valve has clarified that the compendiums will be available at the cost of $9.99 and every single compendium purchase will add $2.50 to the total amount of prize money allotted for the tournament.
First of all, Valve is putting $1,600,000 from their account as the prize money in Dota 2 International 2014. The rest is up to players as they can increase the amount as much as they want with each milestone (which are listed below) offering something new and interesting to the winners of the championship.
- $1,800,000 – Evolving Battle Point Booster – Grants a new Battle Point Booster that improves are your Compendium level increases.
- $2,000,000 – Loading Screen Treasure – Grants three treasures that contain loading screens. Extra treasures available as rewards based on Compendium levels.
- $2,200,000 – Arcana Vote – Unlocks the ability to vote on which hero should receive the next Arcana.
- $2,400,000 – Special Edition HUD – Grands a new Compendium-themed HUD.
- $2,600,000 – Solo Championship Vote – Unlocks the ability to vote on the participants of an 8-player Solo Championship at The International.
- $2,900,000 – New Game Mode – Unlocks the All Random Deathmatch game mode (available to all players, not just Compendium owners).
- $3,200,000 – Immortal Treasures – Grants a Treasure containing Valve created Immortal items. Every 10 Compendium levels grants you an extra Treasure.
- $3,500,000 – Chat Emoticons – Grants access to special emoticons that can be used in the Dota 2 chat.
- $4,000,000 – Mini-Pudge Courier – Grants a special Mini-Pudge courier. Level 50 Compendium owners have an alternate skin.
- $4,500,000 – New Music – Grants a new music pack for Dota 2.
- $5,000,000 – New Matchmaking – Unlocks a 1v1 mid-lane-only matchmaking option (available for all players, not just Compendium owners).
- $5,000,000 – Environmental Effects – Grants new environment effects in the Dota 2 map.
- $6,000,000 – Base Customization – Grants an item that allows Compendium owners to customize a building in their base.
Will you be participating in the Dota 2 International 2014 event this year? How much money will you be adding to the prize?
Source: Dota 2 Compendium.