Infinity Ward has pushed out patch notes for the recent update to Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The update brings plenty of bug fixes to the game’s Extinction mode; as well as balancing, tweaks for competitive play, updates to the anti-cheat, and overall improvements. The update also adds new features like the new Chaos Mode, as well as Casual Extinction and Hardcore Extinction options.
The said mode was released last week on the PC but is now being rolled out for other platforms as well. The Chaos Mode was first introduced in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as a frenetic Spec Ops variant pitting players against never ending waves of enemies. The only objective was there to survive as long as possible and to rack up as high a score as possible. Players could chain kills together to achieve bonus scores and unlock small in-game power ups.
That being added to Extinction means that you’ll now be able to unleash your wrath on the alien menace for as long as you’re capable of.
Here are the following notes for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC update. Notes for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 updates have not been released.
- MTAR-X: Reduced head-shot damage multiplier.
- Restrict DLC weapons for clan v clan & esports mode.
- Fixes dock exploit area in Whiteout.
- Fixed map exploit on Freight so deployable boxes no longer stick to the gate.
- Fixed map exploit on Warhawk so deployables no longer stick to the fence.
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Adjusted Domination spawn logic to make it less likely for defenders to spawn near a flag if it is being captured.
- Fix for 4096 error.
- Fix for wiretap perk to work properly in Hardcore modes.
- Fixed issue that classified non-sliding kills as sliding kills if the user died mid-slide.
- Fix to default killstreak highlight to last one selected.
- Fixed issue that allowed the user to navigate menus while accepting a clan invite.
- Fixed flare audio after player leaves helo gunner.
- Fixed hardcore audio alias for kill confirmed.
- Added proper friendly alias for blitz friendly scoring.
- Fix to properly show a popup dialog if a user tries to join on someone from the recently met player list that is a blocked user.
- Added killcam for Night Owl deaths.
- Fixed character scene offset causing misalignment of some characters.
- “Chaos Mode” for Extinction.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed challenges that were providing more than one skill point.
- Casual mode does not write to leaderboards.
- Fixed issue where player models could appear stuck when taking large amounts of damage at once.
- Improvements to drill placement logic.
- Armor is now invulnerable when the Tank Class skill is active.
- Late joining, spectating and players in Last Stand will now be teleported to the final Breeder fight if triggered without them.
- Fixed case where players could prevent the Breeder from spawning on Nightfall.
- Improved alien navigation and pathing.
- Improved wall and ceiling navigation for aliens.
- Updated Kraken smash and cool down logic.
- Fixed ingredient issue where some combinations prevented creation.
- Fixed cases where players could not turn a Rhino into a pet when using a Relic.
- Improvements to clipping to prevent players from getting to undesirable locations.
- Improvements to the Tesla Traps behavior.
- Improved clipping to prevent players from placing the drill in undesirable locations.
- MAAWS stability and tracking improvements.
- Drill cannot be removed from the Drillbot after being placed.
- Replaced the Drill waypoint icon after completing the defend from afar sequence.
- Late joining, spectating players and players in Last Stand will now be teleported to the Kraken fight if triggered without them.
- Improvements to pillage locations.
- Deployed items in the lower portion of the ship are removed allowing for new item placement on the top deck of Mayday.
- Friendly Seeder Turrets no longer prevent the gas sequence from triggering.
- Intel audio snippets now play in game after being collected.
- EMP effect from the Kraken no longer impacts skill point menu access.
- Fixed crafting scoring exploit where players would mistakenly receive funds when canceling crafting.