Xbox One April Update is now being rolled out, and it brings forth some of the most requested features on the new console of Microsoft. Let’s just hope that the issues previously created during preview by the same system update don’t happen again.
We had reported previously how the Xbox One April Update preview had caused a new Blu-Ray related issue on the select number of devices.
That being said, Major Nelson aka Larry Hryb posted to Xbox Wire a list of features that the update comes with. Most of them are the same that we had shared with you last month except a feature that would make the system reboot after updates are installed automatically. If you have put your console on Instant On mode, update will now happen automatically and the system will go back to standby.
Here’s a rundown on the list of features that the update brings you:
- A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This was one of the most frequently requested features, so we made it a priority to include it in this update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list.
- Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to be fine-tuned for quality and reliability of Xbox One commands. For example, we’ve updated some of the gesture functionality to reduce false positives on non-hand objects triggering gesture commands.
- Blu-ray player supports 50 Hz video output for content recorded at 50 Hz. We’ll also be updating the Blu-ray Player app in the coming days to round out these improvements.
- Controller and headset adapter firmware updates will reduce audio static and improve wireless connectivity.
- Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion.
What else did you expect from the Xbox One April Update? I hope the friend notifications are something that would keep the audience happy with the system update for quite a while.