Dark Souls 2 Patch 1.03 Releases on April 11, Fixes Multiplayer and Interface Issues
It’s fairly natural, and now somewhat expected for most of the games to require post release fixes on a regular basis. From Software’s latest RPG is no different. Finally the Dark Souls 2 Patch 1.03 has received a release date along with the detailed patch notes.
There are multiple areas that are being touched with the Dark Souls 2 Patch 1.03, including removal of glitches and other gameplay related bugs. For instance, the ‘Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session’ message was seen a bit too often which has been fixed.
Along with that, some of the major changes that you would experience is the change in how much ‘humanity’ you get after successfully assisting a session in the multiplayer mode. Previously users got full humanity restored but now only a part of it will get restored.
Moving on, you might have seen how the ‘Holder of the Fort’ trophy icon required fixing, it has been attended to while another classy change that you will experience is vibrations in your controller every time you block an attack.
The complete patch notes are pretty hefty for Dark Souls 2 PS3 Patch 1.03, knock yourself out:
- Failing to create Multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items, such as White Soapstone.
- Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.
- Starting boss fight with the Looking Glass Knight while summoning other players no longer cancels the summoning process.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some bloodstains, illusions, and messages from being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where “Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session” could constantly appear.
- Fixed some instances where the portrait of the person you were summoning was different than the actual character.
- You will no longer be able to take off Covenant rings while being summoned.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some summoned players to fall through the ground at Earthen Peak.
- Optimized Start Menu and Bonfire Menu performance.
- Trophy icon for “Holder of the Fort” has been fixed.
- Controller now vibrates when blocking an attack
- Bug involving Drangleic Castle door not opening has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Souls to be lost upon death with the Ring of Life Protection equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to fall through elevators while using Binoculars and Magic simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some enemies being hit by arrows at long distances receive 0 damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Brotherhood of Blood duels from starting properly.
- Added a message for players that displays after entering the coffin in Things Betwixt
- Fixed an issue where all of the items and objects in an area would reset (Without using a Bonfire Ascetic).
- Fixed an issue that didn’t unlock some items from vendors on 2nd and beyond playthrough.
- Fixed an issue causing the requirements for the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant be 50 too high.
- Licia’s conditions for moving have been optimized.
What other fixes did you want the Dark Souls 2 Patch 1.03 to fix?